Our View From Up Here


Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Swim Lessons Started!

We finally started our swim class last night. There were nine kids in the class and Kyla was by far the youngest. I'm guessing most of the kids were between 1-2 years old, but it was still fun. I feel like some of the things were way over Kyla's head, but the instructor told me that she'll still catch on to some things. As parents, we helped the kids kick and stretch their arms in the water. We also did back floating and "swimming" after toys. Kyla did very well and loved the water. She was so cute in her little suit! Greg came along to watch. The instructor told us all that both parents can participate in the water, so next time Greg doesn't have to work, he'll probably join in the fun.
On Friday, Kyla had her 6 month Doctor appointment. She weighed 18 pounds (85th percentile) and was 26.5 inches long (75th percentile). In Dr. Bruxvoort's words, "She's back on the charts." Ever since she was born she's been in the 95+ percentile, so I'm glad she's starting to slow down a little. She has some eczema patches on the back of her legs that we are trying to heal up with Aveeno cream, otherwise she's perfectly healthy!
I worked all weekend, and on Sunday when I came home from my 12-hour shift, Greg informed me that Kyla learned something new... she can stick out her tongue! She thinks she's pretty cool when she does it, but it looks ridiculous! I'll see if I can get a good picture of it to post on here. Another new thing is her "dancing". When we hold her on our laps, she sways back and forth, almost in a bouncing motion. She also started making a new noise... an almost growling squeal at the top of her lungs. She's so noisy!

2 comments:

  1. HI,
    I haven't checked this for a while, of course since we have been gone. It is interesting tho to get in on some details. Hope you are all having a nice time in Omaha. It is a very cold day with some strong winds blowing. No chuch tonight because of the drifting I think. sharon said it was bad when she came home from work.
    Talk to you later,Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you take your swim lessons in Omaha? Where did you go? It sounds like you had a wonderful experience. Babies can start to learn how to swim at 6 months and up. It's so important! Good for you for doing it early in your child's life!

    ReplyDelete