Our View From Up Here


Saturday, May 15, 2010

Update

So, I forgot my camera cords in Pella, and I can't get any pictures uploaded here. I would love to share some of the things we've been up to in NW IA, but it'll have to wait.
I have had my first week of orientation at work. I mostly sat in a classroom all week, but I did have two mornings at the clinic I'm working at (the Cardiovascular Clinic in Sanford in Sioux Falls). It's WAY different than the hospital setting that I am used to working, plus it is a WAY bigger network, but I think I'm really going to like it. Not only are the hours good, my co-workers are very nice, and very helpful. And the content is interesting to me.
Greg is busy. Working 12-hour shifts in a bigger city keeps him on his toes, and on his days off, he watches Kyla... never a dull moment. His ambulance made it on the news last night (a car vs. garbage truck accident). He's very humble when it comes to his work, but I'm very proud of him and think it's kinda cool!
As far as our house in Pella... we've had an offer, so we'll keep our prayers going for that. But, we had some water in the basement that the realtor discovered while she was showing the house to a client. (NOT COOL!) We're afraid that this is a slight fall back. Three different potential buyers looked while this was happening. We did warn everyone that this has happened before, but too bad about the timing! Thanks to our WONDERFUL friends (Corrinne & Gary, Paul & Emily, and Jon & Pam) for helping us out while we are helplessly five hours away. Greg might go down to Pella to survey the damage this week, but it doesn't sound like the water was too bad, thankfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment