Our View From Up Here


Saturday, July 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Kyla!

Today is the day, although it feels like just another day... Kyla turns ONE! I just keep thinking she doesn't seem like she's a year old. She's just a little baby! But, I guess I'm wrong... Although she'll always be my baby, she's technically crossing over to be a toddler.
I haven't been around enough one-year-olds lately to compare, but Kyla doesn't walk yet, she's just so little in size, and she only has 4 teeth, thus she doesn't seem old enough for a birthday.
We're working on the walking thing, but Kyla simply finds it easier to crawl. She'll stand on her own... until she realizes she's doing it... so she's getting close to those first steps!
She's also working on her 5th tooth. She's been chewing/sucking on her thumb and drooling everywhere, but her mood's been okay.
She is good at talking! Jabber, jabber all the time. Though most of her "words" don't make sense, there's definately a few that she knows for sure: Puppy, kitty, baby, hi, bye-bye, dada, mommy, baba (bottle). She also knows the sign language for more, food, and all-done. We've been working on saying "How old is Kyla?" And she'll point up her "one" finger (sometimes). It's so fun now that she'll do "tricks". LOL
Greg had to work today, but we've been getting ready for the big party tomorrow. I've made and decorated cupcakes, made punch and dip, and gotten sandwhich ingredients. We're going to have a little back yard party at my parent's house tomorrow afternoon. I'll be sure to post pictures!

1 comment: