Our View From Up Here


Sunday, February 20, 2011

Control

This blog was started to share things about Kyla, but I'm glad I have it for myself lately and I hope it's okay that I use it to vent emotion.
I sometimes wonder how many people read my blog... I'm glad you do. I like to share. I'm a very open person. There's something about writing that is easier than saying. And I have alot of thoughts lately.

A wise reader emailed me today regarding yesterday's blog entry. Here's a copy of one of the sentences in that email.

"You say you like to be a leader and in control but there are some things that are out of your control and you need to hand those to God."

Wham. I love it. This is something I know, but I guess I forget about it. Is that possible? To forget? How would I forget about this? I think I just need reminding, as everyone does. I've been praying and begging God to make this right. I ask Him to give me the right things to say, especially to my dad. I ask for direction. I give thanks for what I do love in life. But in the moments that I get the most pissed off, I admit that God isn't the first person I talk to. I'm going to work on this.
And although my dad is responsible for most of what is stressing me out lately, there are other things, normal stressors in life that I am entirely going to bring to God as well... marriage, motherhood, pregnancy, priorities, work (do I continue to work 40 hours a week?)... my list could go on. But I am not the one to control all of this.

Thanks for the feedback and the reminder. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment