Our View From Up Here


Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

9:00pm on the 4th of July and I am washed, brushed, and ready for bed. The fireworks are blowing in our neighborhood again tonight, but hopefully I can sleep through it shortly.

Our last week or so has been busy, but good- as summers should be! Here's an update:

It started last Friday on Greg and I's 6th anniversary. Greg's parents got into town (from Montana) early that morning. After I got home from work, Greg and I were able to go on a romantic date to Spezia and Falls Park, while Kyla got spoiled by her grandparents!
Greg worked that Saturday, and Kyla and I went to a pool party hosted by one of my co-workers!
On Sunday, our newest niece, Jaelle was baptised in Sioux Center, and we spent the day there with Greg's family.
Greg and I had a fairly normal work week, until Thursday, when we both had the day off. We went to the Omaha Zoo with Greg's mom (his dad had gone back to Montanan to work) and his brother's family. Kyla loved it! I'm very proud of her, she toughed through the whole day, in the 100 degree heat, with no nap. I'll have to post some pictures when I get around to uploading them.
Friday was back to work for Greg and I, and Greg's mom babysat Kyla.
Saturday, Jer & Jaci and kids came to Sioux Falls. We took Kyla and her cousins out to CiCi's pizza then to the McKennan Park wading pool, which was great for the kids too!
Sunday was fairly relaxing- church, naps, a couple errands. In the evening, we did some fireworks on our driveway with Greg's mom, my mom, and my sister. This is obviously the first year we've lived in South Dakota where fireworks are "legal". We are in city limits, but our neighborhood is way on the edge of town, so a lot of people were having some fun. We enjoyed some fountains, roman candles, and artillery shells. Kyla even loved them!
Greg's mom got on a plane early this morning and Greg went to work. Kyla and I went to Inwood for the big 4th of July bash. We enjoyed the parade, mom's potluck, BINGO (even though I didn't win ANYTHING ), and a walk to the park. We didn't stick around for the derby or fireworks this year- It was a long and hot day, but good while it lasted.

The holiday is over, the in-laws are back home, and tomorrow is back to normal. The countown continues until the baby comes... Only 8 weeks left!

No comments:

Post a Comment