Our View From Up Here


Sunday, February 12, 2012

Love you, Tina

Tina was a good friend of mine. I don't have a ton of close friends, it's hard when you have a family of your own. Tina, though, didn't mind hanging out with me, even if I had a husband, 2 kids, and my sister tagging along...

Me and Tina met in the early years of grade-school. Her dad was the pastor of our church. I have a few memories of going over to Tina's house, her mom always smiling and baking something in the kitchen, her dad studying in his office or doing yardwork, her brother and sister bugging us while we're trying to play.
Tina and I pretty much lost contact in high school, her family moved (not real far, but to a different school.)
About 1 1/2 years ago, I got word that Tina was also an RN, and she was interested in coming to work at Sanford, in the very same clinic I work in. She came and job shadowed me for a day, and I put in a good word for her :)
Since then we've been co-workers and re-aquainted friends. We've had many supper dates to Hu Hot, many parties and potlucks, discussions and fun at work, and she loved to baby sit my kids.

Tina went to heaven yesterday, while snow skiing in the Black Hills. She was an amazing, kind, compassionate Christian with tons of friends and loved-ones.
Tina took a trip to Israel last month, to the "Holy Land". This is an opportunity I'll probably never have, to feel so close to God, and the foot steps of Jesus. For Tina, though, this wasn't close enough. God needed her in heaven.

It doesn't seem real, that Tina won't be at work tomorrow, that the rest of us have to function without her presence. She won't be at her desk, she won't walk with me to get coffee, she won't be sitting with us at lunch. She won't be able to babysit my kids like she was asking to do just last week... I, like so many others, will miss her so, so much.


There is no doubt, however, that I will see her again. I will see her some day in heaven, and indeed, it will be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment