Our View From Up Here


Sunday, December 1, 2013

The Dreaded Question

Tonight, the question was asked. The question that I knew would come from my daughter, but I have been dreading for nearly three years.

"If Gramma is your mom and Papa is your dad, then why don't they live together?"
The question came out of no where, but the answer came easy, "They used to be married, but now they're not."
And then came an, almost more complicated, question, "And now Papa is married to Jean?"
I wasn't going to lie,"Papa and Jean are not married."
"Then why do they live together?"
"Because sometimes people do things, even if it doesn't make God happy. But, we just need to pray about it."
"We pray for them to get married?"
I thought for just a second, then said.... "Yes, I think that would make God and mommy happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment