Our View From Up Here


Wednesday, January 15, 2014

From death to Life

I went to a funeral today. My lovely sister in law, Roxy, lost her grandpa this week. They have a very sweet family and oh, how hard it is to say goodbye!
But, in a way, I love funerals. I love burials and cemetaries. I do not enjoy death, but I can appreciate it. And it's rewarding to hear how a person is honored after life is gone. 
Funerals are a promising reminder that we are sent to this earth, for just a short time. We are sent here by God to do his work, and when the time comes, he takes us to be with him forever. 
I hate that death is so hard and feels so permanent. I miss the people I once had the honor of knowing and speaking with but I love the promise of what they are experiencing now!
From Ephesians 2-
God raised us from death to life with Christ Jesus, and he has given us a place beside Christ in heaven. God did this so that in the future world he could show how truly good and kind he is to us because of what Christ Jesus has done. You were saved by faith in God, who treats us much better than we deserve. This is God’s gift to you, and not anything you have done on your own. It isn’t something you have earned, so there is nothing you can brag about. 10 God planned for us to do good things and to live as he has always wanted us to live. That’s why he sent Christ to make us what we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment