Our View From Up Here


Saturday, January 9, 2010

Late Christmas Gift

On Thursday, Greg and I received our Christmas present to each other. We finally got a laptop! We still have my old HP that I got for high school graduation 6 years ago... but it was time for an upgrade. And now I can sit on he couch while checking my favorite websites (yahoo, facebook, farmville, blogspot...) I'm not so sure it's the best thing I could be doing, but right now Kyla's napping and the laundry can wait.
I have a story to tell... yesterday I came home from the gym (Anytime Fitness) and our kitchen looks like it's half torn apart, and Greg is just standing there saying "I'm sorry." I have no idea what was happening. It turns out that Greg was horsing around trying to make Kyla laugh as she was sitting in the highchair in the kitchen. Greg slipped on the kitchen floor, and his foot went through the wall, busting the sheet rock. He wasn't hurt, just mad, and was trying to see if he could fix it. All I could say was "It's kinda funny!"
To add to the story... our dog,Mason, gets super stressed out about some things like tools, vacuums, brooms, which were all out yesterday. At one point, when Greg had the shopVac out to vacuum up the sheet rock mess, Mason was hiding in Kyla's room shivering. He sneaks around the house trying to avoid these "scary" items and it wears him out. He was having a better day today until... he fell off the back of the couch! He was just walking up there like he always does, then all the sudden down he went. I made sure he was okay and gave him some lovin'. He had his episode of shivering for awhile, I played with him to cheer him up, and now he's cuddled up by me sleeping, which he'll probably do all day, trying to recover from the stress. Poor little dog...

2 comments:

  1. Opps! oh well, things just happen! Hope everything else is well at your house. I have a sinus cold that is getting better(think I gave it to dad). Been working on diningroom ceiling tiles. It's slow going, dad is too busy yet at work. They look nice though. It's flipping cold here too! Don't even want to get out. _Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope Greg has fun fixing his wall. Grandpa has a ceiling to fix after the stool was leaking. It had a bad seal evidently, its fixed, but the ceiling may not get fixed right away. At least its down the basement. I'm sure you were not very happy with your self. Love, Grandma

    ReplyDelete