Our View From Up Here


Saturday, February 27, 2010

Mirror, mirror on the wall...


We are in West Des Moines right now. Greg is on the committee for the EMS conference that is taking place, so Kyla and I came to hang out and my friend, Emily, is coming later for lunch and shopping! Anyway, the closet doors here are mirrors, and I think this is the first time Kyla has ever seen herself in a full-length mirror. She thinks it is great! She is kissing herself and "high-fiving". It's hillarious. This picture isn't the best, because I took it with my phone, but still funny! Kyla is an absolute hit here with the EMS personalle. We've gone downstairs and spent some time in the committee room, and everyone just LOVES her. She's so social and has a great personality!
...The other day, I said Kyla was no where near crawling, but all the sudden she has learned to move! She scoots a little on her butt, and she will bend over to her knees from a sitting position, but then fall on her belly. I'm just now waiting for her to figure it out and take off... Although, I'm not ready to child-proof the house! We'll just let it happen without pushing the issue!
Now, I need to take a moment for myself... Yesterday I weighed myself and I am back to pre-baby weight (Woo Hoo!!) I feel good and am excited about it! Yesterday afternoon, I went to Maurices, because I had a coupon and felt like a little shopping. I was trying on some jeans in the dressing room, and had to ask for a SMALLER size... so exciting!!! Now for my next goal... pre-marriage weight. Ha!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that's so cute!! And congrats to you momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kyla is too funny! She is learning things all the time! Congrats on the weight loss! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete