Our View From Up Here


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Adventure

It is finally happening… we are moving! I am happy, sad, anxious, excited, worried, probably every other emotion out there. This is something we have wanted for some time now, in order to be closer to our families. Greg and I both grew up around grandparents, so we want this for Kyla too. We will be very close to my parents and my hometown and also closer to Greg’s parents (12 hour drive vs. 18 hours). Kyla will also have aunts, uncles, and cousins nearby!
Greg accepted a paramedic job with Rural Metro ambulance in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. I have yet to get a job, but Sioux Falls has two large hospitals to choose from. I have no idea what I want to do… there are a wide variety of nursing jobs in a bigger city! I will be sending in applications this week to start the ball rolling.
We have been in Pella for nearly five years; Oh how time has flown! Here we’ve become a married couple, we bought our first house, we’ve had wonderful jobs, great experiences, we had a baby, we’ve created amazing friendships… the list goes on. We will greatly miss this place.
And so begins this new adventure. Cleaning, packing and selling our house is stressful enough, but we also have to start new jobs, new daycare, look for a new house, and a new church. The lists of “to-do’s” just scroll through my head continuously. April 24 will be both me and Greg’s last day of work in Pella. Moving day will take place the last week of April.
Thankfully, we can stay with my parents in Inwood, IA until our house in Pella sells and while we look for one in Sioux Falls. (The commute from Inwood to Sioux Falls is only about 30 miles.) I think my mom and dad are actually looking forward to this, Kyla probably has a lot to do with it! :)

Please pray for us. It’s a stressful time, as you might imagine, and a huge transition.

To our friends and family in Pella: we will miss you dearly!
To our friends and family in NW IA/SF: we’re excited to come back!

4 comments:

  1. The more I think about it, the more sad I am. Reading this actually made me tear up. Waaaah! I'm happy for you though, I am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI, We hope everything will work out for you and Greg. Its good Greg has a job, and I'm sure your experience will help you to get one. You guys did have a lot happen in 5 years. We hope your house sells soon now too. Also we hope daycare will work out. Will Greg be working during the day or different shifts, more than likely. WE wish you God's Blessings in your new adventure. Grandpa and Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for you guys, but you will be missed for sure! Whatever hospital/dept you end up in will be blessed to have you. Good luck on all the preparations in the next month!

    ReplyDelete