Our View From Up Here


Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tomorrow: Moving Day Part I

We've been busy packing this week, and I think we'll be ready to head down the road tomorrow afternoon. We have my brother-in-law's pick-up, a small trailer, and our Equinox to fill with necessities. We'll be leaving all the furniture here(except Kyla's crib and changing table/dresser) and other stuff that we don't need will stay here.
I did get a break from packing this afternoon to hang out with my Pella co-workers at Applebees as a sort of "farewell party". We had a great time. Thanks to everyone who came!
Kyla has been attempting to empty all of the boxes we pack... little stinker! She also has learned to pull herself to stand on all the boxes, which is exciting for her! Oh, she had her 9 month appointment on Monday. She weighs 19.5 pounds and is 29 inches tall. She's definitely slowed down on the weight gain since she learned to crawl. And her ear infection is all better. Perfectly healthy again.
Back to moving...We'll be moving to Inwood until our house in Pella sells. My parents own the building next door to their house and in the rear of it is an overnight room that visitors to town can rent. We will be living there. It doesn't have a kitchen, so we'll be over at my parents quite a bit too. It will be good for all of us, though, that we do have our own space.
Greg starts his new job in Sioux Falls on May 3, I start mine on May 10.
Let the adventure begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment