Our View From Up Here


Thursday, June 24, 2010

Five years!?

Today is me and Greg's 5th anniversary. Can you believe it? Me neither! Five years is a long time, but boy, has it gone by fast.
Yesterday at work, the cutest elderly couple came into the clinic. I could just sense their compassion for each other... After discussing how active they are, and how the wife got her husband a cane for Christmas, which he was very proud of (lol)... I asked how long they've been married. "Sixty seven years," said the lady. And the husband chimed in, "But we really don't think about time, we just keep living for the day with gratitude for the past."
I'm always thankful to hear about long, happy marriages. What a good example!

Greg is working all day today, so last night we met after work and went to Minerva's in Sioux Falls for supper. It was fun to get dressed up and go out. AND... Greg, being the romantic that he is (which I love), surprised me with a 5 day Bahama cruise at the end of January!! How about that for an anniversary gift? I've always wanted to go on a cruise. They sound awesome, from what I've heard from friends. I'm very excited, it'll be a good time of year to get away!
Perhaps I should start a countdown. 7 months.....

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! What an awesome present!!! Good job Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!!! That is s stellar gift for sure, way to go Greg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!! What a great gift! And in the middle of winter too...I am already jealous! Cruises are so much fun. :) Carson says "hi" to Kyla!

    ReplyDelete