Our View From Up Here


Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Weekend!



Inwood had it's big 4th of July celebration yesterday- parade in the morning, potluck at grandma & grandpa, bingo/cakewalk, then demolition derby at night. I'm going to be honest about the parade... it was a disappointment. There was like 5 floats, the rest of the parade was machinery, cars, and tractors. To the people of Inwood: maybe we can work on that for next year! :)
Last year was my first Bingo experience in the Inwood Community Center, which is a lot of fun! My mom and brother both won at Bingo, me and my grandpa won a cakewalk, and poor Roxy (my sister-in-law) walked out with nothing... but admits it was fun!
The derby is always fun as well, gotta love small town Iowa! Entertainment at it's best!
Today is Sunday, and tomorrow I get a paid "observed" holiday off work, it's pretty awesome...
Now Greg and I can start thinking about this weekend. We are meeting Greg's parents from Montana and his brother and family from Sioux Center out in the Black Hills. We've got a big cabin reserved there and plan to do some relaxing and site-seeing. I'm looking forward to a little vacation!
I've also started to think about Kyla's 1st birthday bash. I think we are going have a party on July 25 (the day after her birtday) in my parent's backyard. Better start planning!

2 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July Kyla! We thought of you guys this weekend because we happened to be in Pella yesterday and found out they had a parade and a little celebration going on. Wish you had been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun! M&M will be 1 on Thursday already - I can't believe it either. We're having a bash on Sunday out here - wish you could come!!

    ReplyDelete