Our View From Up Here


Friday, June 4, 2010

Work is... Work

Time has just flown by since we've moved. And the most commonly asked question I hear right now is, "How is your new job?" Well... it's different. I loved my last job (in the Pella hospital). I was good at it, I was comfortable after being there for nearly 5 years, I was confident and effecient. Now, everything is new and I feel dumb. Don't get me wrong... I am learning ALOT, and happy to be learning, but it's hard to learn new things. I am so grateful for all my friendly and helpful co-workers.
My day usually consists of rooming clinic patients, ordering tests, returning patient phone calls, renewing prescriptions, and calling back test results and doctor's orders. It's not hard work, there's just a lot of details to learn, and some symptoms/results that I'm not familiar with.
I am working four 10-hour shifts per week (7:30am-5:30pm). It is really nice to have weekends off, and have the extra day to spend with Kyla (and sometimes Greg, if he's not working).
Please excuse me if I am sounding whiny... it is Friday after a long week at work... but I just wanted to inform you all in case you were wondering "How my new job is".
As far as life otherwise; we are going to Pella next weekend to move the rest of our things. Bittersweet. What a relief it will be to not worry about the house, but this means closure, which makes me sad.
We've looked at homes in Sioux Falls on the internet a little, but nothing official. We'll take our time and probably stay in Inwood for the summer. (Aren't my parents lucky?! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment