Our View From Up Here


Thursday, September 1, 2011

The last pregnancy post

I decided to start my maternity leave today. I was due to have the baby 2 days ago, I worked yeseterday and was tired and worn out. Good news is that now I don't have to go back to work until the Monday after Thanksgiving!
Tuesday (my due day) I had my last doctor visit. I was 2-3cm dilated, which is good. I have a great fear of my baby getting too big though. (Kyla weighed 9#15.3oz! and was only 2 days late.) I only measure 38cm, but the baby feels big and strong!
So... I am scheduled to go into the hospital tomorrow morning and be induced. The plan is to just break my water. I really don't like medication, but I'll probably have Pitocin if needed.
I've tired EVERYTHING to try to get this baby out. I was really nervous to be induced. I feel that there are often better alternatives to induction- like waiting, but at this point I am worn out and not sleeping well and ready to hold a baby!
So say a prayer for us in the morning please!

1 comment: