Our View From Up Here


Wednesday, December 2, 2015

2015 in Review

I'm not much of a blogger any more, but a year-end note is always good :)
 

2015 was a fairly exciting year for us (well, for me at least!)....
This spring, while Kyla was finishing a great year of Kindergarten, I graduated with my Bachelor's degree in nursing. I didn't change job positions, but it's something I've always wanted to do, and it feels good to be finished. It might open opportunities in the future, but for now, I am still an RN for the Sanford Cardiologists in Sioux Falls and I can say that I truly enjoy my position.

At the beginning of the summer, we were able to upgrade our camper to a 28-foot travel trailer. Nothing huge or fancy, but an awesome upgrade from our little pop-up camper! We enjoyed camping to the max this summer- I believe we were gone at least 10 weekends. The kids had a blast with every adventure to State and County parks in the area. We were able to do lots of hiking, rock collecting, fishing, sandcastle building, and fire roasting. I am already home sick for the camper and cannot wait for summer to come again.

We had a few other little trips this summer- to Omaha and Billings for weddings with Greg's families. I believe Greg and I went to six weddings this summer (one of which I was a bridesmaid!) I also got to take two little weekend trips with friends to Des Moines and Omaha. Busy, busy, but so much fun!
Kyla also played softball this summer with the Sioux Empire Fast Pitch association. She was a good little hitter and had fun, but says she might try soccer next summer.
Nolan spent the entire summer outside (at least as much as we'd let him!) We spent our days off work at parks, swimming pools, the zoo, or just in our own backyard. He cannot wait to join any type of sports team in the future!


Greg and I celebrated our 10-year anniversary on June 24 in Vegas. We simply wanted to go somewhere we'd never been, so Vegas it was! We walked around, saw the sites, ate delicious food, rode rides, roasted in the heat, saw a show and sat by the pool. We always love getting away together and it was a perfect way to celebrate. Hard to believe that we've been married this long already, but I truly wouldn't have it any other way (sorry to get all mushy, but I love my husband... a lot, a lot!! :)

Kyla (6 years old) started first grade at Christian Center Elementary and Nolan (4 years old) attends the daycare there. We are grateful for this small school and the kids love it.
In October, I was able to celebrate my big 3-0 birthday with family and friends. I've promised myself not to be ashamed of my age, but to celebrate and bring it on! So we did- supper and a limo with my favorite people. We had fun!

Winter has definitely arrived here in Sioux Falls as we approach the end of the year. We do have plans to go to Montana before Christmas and spend some time with Greg's parents and grandparents. (Hopefully the snow allows us to travel!) Greg continues to work for the flight team at Sanford, so he has some shifts to work over the holidays when we get back.

So... there's our year in short. From our family to yours- we wish you a very merry Christmas and a blessed year to come. Keep in touch, we love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment