Our View From Up Here


Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Sick Little Girl

Kyla has her first ear infection. It's been another interesting day...
Greg has been in Sioux Falls yesterday and today doing things with his new job. I brought Kyla to Katie (our wonderful babysitter's) house this morning as I had to work 7a-7p. Kyla had been acting perfectly normal. Katie called me at noon stating that Kyla was very sleepy and had a fever of 101.6. She's never had a fever before, so I was worried. I got off work soon thereafter, got Kyla home and noticed some yellow ear drainage, plus her fever reached 102.1, even after some Motrin. So, I called the Doctor and we got in within an hour. Yep... ear infection in the right ear. We got some Amoxicillin on board, as well as plenty of Tylenol and Motrin; she's still pretty hot. She's a little cranky, but mostly just cuddly and tired. I'm glad we're not living any of the horror stories I've heard about ear infections!
I have some good news to report also: we had a house showing this evening which went well. She is going to come back on Saturday, so we'll hope again for the best! AND... I got offered a job in Sioux Falls with a Cardiologist's clinic! I'm working out all the details, so I'll clue you in on more of that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment