Our View From Up Here


Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Family Update

Well, my parents are still separated. (That's such a nice word for such a crappy thing...) But, I think some of the appropriate steps are taking place. I just wish I knew what the end result is going to be because I'm still really anxious and stressed about it. I probably hide it well, except for around Greg. Poor Greg. He's really getting the raw end of the deal putting up with my emotion and probable slight depression. I love him and he treats me so well.
My mom is finding out she has some pretty great friends, which I too am thankful for. I also think she is taking her frustration out on cleaning... her house is getting to be quite organized. She amazes me. What a great person to want my dad back after the crap he's pulled. I am loving her all the more for her strength and faith.
I talked to my dad tonight for the first time in about two weeks. I've been flat out mad at him, but he called me. We had mostly small talk about our trip, work, Kyla. He sounds better. When he first left mom, he sounded so lost and dazed. I hope he's starting to come to a realization.
All in all, we're all still waiting and I'm still praying... mostly for my dad. I just want him to be ready to fix this mess.
Ironically, tomorrow is my parent's 28th anniversary. That really sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment